Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pancakes......

I have been on the hunt for really good gluten free pancakes. I can find them easily for myself - - Maple Grove Farms has the best mix I can find. But I have been trying to find the best pancakes I can give to my munchkins. On many occasions, I have poured concoctions down the drain due to being SO! bad.

This recipe though is pretty yummy. DD's friend said that were as yummy as normal pancakes.

I did find though that these are best if you let them cool a little bit otherwise they will not hold up to butter and syrup.

1 c. sorghum flour
1/2 c. potato starch
1/4 c. tapioca starch
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/2 t. xantham gum
2T. sugar
2 T. oil
1 T Vinegar + enough milk (dairy, soy, rice, etc) to make 1 1/4 c.
1 t. vanilla (optional)

In small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Mix oil, milk, and vanilla together. Add to dry mix.

Cook like normal pancakes. Note: These pancakes will not bubble like wheat pancakes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn:)

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment