Monday, April 13, 2009

Roast Beef - The Easy Way

I love meals that cook themselves! My mom made this meal the entire time I was growing up and still makes it for our family when we come home to visit.
Crock Pot Roast Beef
One Crock pot:)
5-6 lb. Beef Roast - (I normally use the least expensive cut at the store)
1 Large Onion
approx. 1/4 cup Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste (I usually use a lot but I am heavy handed with these on a regular basis!)
1-2 c. of water depending on size of crock pot.
Place Roast in the crock pot, add all other ingredients, cover and cook until it falls apart. Usually 8-10 hours on low. In terms of the water amount - my mom has a smaller tall round crock pot and she uses only 1 cup of water. I have one of those new larger oval super fancy turns off when it is done cooking crock pots - so I use 2 cups of water.
Ideas for using up the roast beef:
Roast Beef, Baked Potatoes, Veggies and a salad - usually the first meal we eat
Roast Beef Sandwiches for lunch the next day
BBQ Beef and Chips
Any other ideas? I would love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment